"Sample" is the thirty-fourth episode of Lilo & Stitch: The Series. It aired on January 11, 2004.
Stitch is afraid of going to the vet when Lilo has to take him to get his shots, and they end up meeting an experiment that can repeat any sound it hears. Meanwhile, two alien hunters named Merwin and Dean try to capture Stitch, Sample and Gantu in order to take them to an alien convention and prove that aliens are real.
- Moral: Never make promises you can't keep because what goes around, comes around.
- Stitch is revealed to be scared of getting shots at the vet.
- This is the second time Stitch is seen bathing himself, despite his aquaphobia, the first time being in "Felix". Though in this case, he was simply bluffing to avoid having to get his shots.
- The scene where Lilo gets Stitch out of the shower by flushing the toilet, causing a quick temperature change in the shower, is a very common TV trope seen in various media, including the adult PC game Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail!, in which Larry Laffer gets Drew Baringmore out of the shower in the same way.
- The alien hunters, Merwin and Dean, are the only humans to see through the aliens' disguises.
- One of the alien hunters carried a fake weapon, which Gantu mistook for a real plasma cannon.
- When Gantu comes to the Pelekai residence to hide from the alien hunters, despite being too large, he is able to squeeze through the front door without damaging it, unlike in "Mr. Stenchy".
- This episode shows how irresponsible Jumba and Pleakley are, as they left Lilo, Stitch and Sample unsupervised, resulting in them getting captured by Gantu.
- This is the only episode where more than two characters are blasted into the same net, although the maximum capacity is unknown.
- In "Snafu", Sample's butt appears to be smaller in size than it was in his episode.