"Slick" is the forty-fourth episode of Lilo & Stitch: The Series. It aired on January 7, 2005.
Lilo and Stitch compete with Mertle to sell the most candy bars for their hula school, with the winner getting a lifetime supply of snow cones. The competition turns fierce when a fast-talking experiment that has the ability to sell anything appears and starts selling everything in plain sight, including himself through a live auction at one point. Gantu later kidnaps Slick, but gives him back to Lilo in exchange for a candy bar. Mertle wins the contest, but also gets very sick from eating too many snow cones.
- Moral: Charities and fundraisers are not about competing; they're about doing something for a good cause.
- Slick is very similar to Swamp Rat from 101 Dalmatians: The Series in that both are salesmen and both speak with a fast-talking Southern accent. The only difference is Swamp Rat is more of a con artist. Coincidentally, both Slick and Swamp Rat's voices are identical, and both even share the same voice actor, Jeff Bennett.
- While trying to come up with a fundraising idea, Lilo breaks the fourth wall by mentioning that she didn't get to the part where they all star in the original movie.
- In fact, when Stitch juices Nani's toaster, he re-creates the very same scene from said film.
- Pleakley revealed that money is unheard of on Plorgonar, which is why nobody of his alien species wears pants.
- This notably explains why he didn't know what money was in Stitch! The Movie, when Nani gave him some to buy pizza.
- This is further supported in "Bad Stitch", where Pleakley held a lemonade stand and instead of getting money, he received 20 marbles, a coconut, a hubcap, some movie stuff, an oyster shell, and a used tiki torch. Jumba further added that Pleakley was never really good with money.
- According to Jumba, Slick once sold the former's wife for an outrageous price.
- Nani mentions her and Lilo's grandmother (now possibly deceased), even though both sisters are technically the last living members of the Pelekai family since their parents' death.
- It is revealed that Nani used to wear braces in eighth grade.
- When Mertle revealed that she sold Slick to Reuben, her description of 625 implies that she doesn't know him, even though she met him in a previous episode; however, since he was still called 625 at the time before he was officially named during the events of Leroy & Stitch, it would make sense for Mertle to not know his actual name.
- We learn that chocolate works like a medicine for Gantu's alien species, as he begged Lilo for a chocolate bar that would cure his cold.
- This is one of three episodes where Gantu gets sick and is revealed to like chicken soup sandwiches, the other two being "Slushy" and "Poxy".
|Lilo & Stitch: The Series Episodes|
|Richter | Phantasmo | Clip | Mr. Stenchy | Spooky | Holio | Cannonball | Yapper | Yin-Yang | Kixx | Splodyhead | Amnesio | Swirly | Fibber | Tank | Sprout | Elastico | Yaarp | 627 | The Asteroid | Topper | Melty | Houdini | Sinker | Nosy | Finder | Slushy | Dupe | Shortstuff | Angel | Felix | Poxy | Hunkahunka | Sample | Babyfier | Bonnie & Clyde | Slugger | Bad Stitch | Drowsy|
|Spike | Frenchfry | Swapper | Shoe | Slick | Skip | Checkers | PJ | Ploot | Snooty | Retro | Belle | Morpholomew | Spats | Heckler | Wishy-Washy | Phoon | Bugby | Rufus | Shush | Lax | Remmy | Mrs. Hasagawa's Cats/Ace | Glitch/Woops | Snafu | Link|