"Spike" is the fortieth episode of Lilo & Stitch: The Series and the debut episode of the show's second season. It aired on November 5, 2004.
Lilo wants to beat Mertle at the "Ohana-Rama" family trivia contest, but loses confidence when Stitch is poked by an experiment whose venom makes people 99% stupid and 1% clever. Meanwhile, Pleakley starts a therapy group named "E.A.R.W.A.X." to rehabilitate experiments. Lilo does everything she can to make Stitch smart again but fails, so she, Jumba and Pleakley compete without him. However, Mertle may not be as big a know-it-all as she claims to be.
- Fibber (032)
- Spot (099)
- Squeak (110)
- Bonnie (149)
- Clyde (150)
- Nosy (199)
- Spike (319)
- Slushy (523)
- Yaarp (613)
- Splodyhead (619)
- Moral: Everyone is smart in their own way.
- Experiment 099 (Spot) was originally supposed to appear in this episode, but was removed.
- Dr. Gladys Okra, Spike's first victim, bears a striking resemblance to Oprah Winfrey.
- When Jumba got pricked by Spike, he did not act stupid since he was already a genius even by 1%, indicating that he is the only one immune to Spike's goofiness effects, though he still felt the pain from the spines alone.
- Spike is clearly a porcupine-like experiment, but unlike him, real-life porcupines cannot throw/shoot their quills, nor are their spines poisonous.
- Nosy revealed that Pleakley dyes his antenna green to match his skin because he is going prematurely orange.
- In this episode, Bonnie has six fangs (four on the top and two on the bottom), instead of normally two fangs.
- Only Spike, Fibber, Nosy, Bonnie, Clyde, Slushy and Splodyhead were part of Pleakley's E.A.R.W.A.X. group, but in one scene, Yaarp can clearly be seen hiding under the couch.
- Spike is one of the few known experiments to be rehabilitated by someone other than Lilo and Stitch.
- At the Ohana-Rama, the last names of Lilo and Mertle's families (Pelekai and Edmonds) are not used, and they are instead referred to as "Lilo's Ohana" and "Mertle's Ohana", respectively. Additionally, Nani is the only Pelekai family member who doesn't compete in the contest for unknown reasons.
- This episode reiterates the humans' blindness to the aliens, which they believe do not exist, even though there were five aliens at the Ohana-Rama in plain sight. Regardless, Lilo should have known better than to answer "yes" to the alien question.
- It is implied that Mertle may be illiterate due to her secretly cheating and being unable to read the answers.
- Gantu, Reuben and Hämsterviel do not appear in this episode.
- This episode seems to chronologically take place after "Snafu", considering the fact that Nosy, Fibber, Bonnie and Clyde are present in Pleakley's E.A.R.W.A.X. group.
|Lilo & Stitch: The Series Episodes|
|Richter | Phantasmo | Clip | Mr. Stenchy | Spooky | Holio | Cannonball | Yapper | Yin-Yang | Kixx | Splodyhead | Amnesio | Swirly | Fibber | Tank | Sprout | Elastico | Yaarp | 627 | The Asteroid | Topper | Melty | Houdini | Sinker | Nosy | Finder | Slushy | Dupe | Shortstuff | Angel | Felix | Poxy | Hunkahunka | Sample | Babyfier | Bonnie & Clyde | Slugger | Bad Stitch | Drowsy|
|Spike | Frenchfry | Swapper | Shoe | Slick | Skip | Checkers | PJ | Ploot | Snooty | Retro | Belle | Morpholomew | Spats | Heckler | Wishy-Washy | Phoon | Bugby | Rufus | Shush | Lax | Remmy | Mrs. Hasagawa's Cats/Ace | Glitch/Woops | Snafu | Link|